Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hyde database features ...

My application setup program installs a MSDE2K instance on the user machine,
then attaches the application database (previously prepared with sa access
on the development machine), adds server logins and db users, sets
permissions etc. Everything goes fine, but I would like to hide my database
design, preventing the sysadmin of the target machine (NT) to view its
tables structure and relationships. How can I make my database protected 'by
itself' ?
hi Alessandro,
"Alessandro T" <alessandroteglia@.tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:ut2uAGWIEHA.3988@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> My application setup program installs a MSDE2K instance on the user
machine,
> then attaches the application database (previously prepared with sa access
> on the development machine), adds server logins and db users, sets
> permissions etc. Everything goes fine, but I would like to hide my
database
> design, preventing the sysadmin of the target machine (NT) to view its
> tables structure and relationships. How can I make my database protected
'by
> itself' ?
>
it is not possible to prevent a sysadmin member to access your data and/or
metaschema ...
to prevent access to data area you have to resort to crypt solutions like
http://www.activecrypt.com/index.htm or your own algorithms, while for
schema hiding, you are only provided with the WITH ENCRYPTION option and for
stored procedure, views and user defined functions only...
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.7.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.53.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment