Friday, February 24, 2012

Hyperlink to open in a new blank window.

A field in one of my reports has the navigation property jump to a url, which is a Word document on our server. The problem is the Word file opens up in the existing frame of our website, instead of opening a new frame. In the past I have used _blank. Where do I place this in Visual Studio 2003 to perform this action with Reporting Services?
Thanks for your help.

Hi
it seems that you are trying to open Document in new window so here is the line to be used in Jump to Url Textbox
="javascript:void(window.open('http://www.google.com','_blank'))" this will popup google.com in new page.
if you are picking the url from database you can use this
="javascript:void(window.open('" & Fields!URL.Value &"','_blank'))"
is this you are trying to do?
Thanks
Rohit|||

Yes, that is what I'm trying to accomplish, except it doesn't work. I copy and paste the following into Reporting Services:
Advanced TextBox Properties>Navigation>Hyperlink Action:>Jump to URL:
="javascript:void(window.open('" & Fields!MyLink.Value &"','_blank'))"
I get-->
javascript:void(window.open('" & Fields!MyLink.Value &"','_blank'))" in the URL

I'm using Windows 2000 Server, SQLServer2000, and IE 6.0.29 with all service packs installed.

|||Hi,
That means you need to Install Hotfix for SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services SP2 and make sure you already have installed Reporting Services SP2, The hot fix setup will not run on computer unless you have SP2 Installed on your computer.
Here is the Link for both
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7FFE50D4-AFF8-4C1E-9609-6798190C2D58&displaylang=en

Thanks
Rohit
|||

I pulled one Report (RDl) on IE

For Example:-

I am havingtestreport.rdl file

I am giving another reporti.e testreport2.rdl in JUMP to URL box intestreport.rdl file

I opened the below linkwith testreport.rdl

http://localhost/reportserver/testreport

I Clicked oneone item ontestreport.rdl

I got Result on samewindow(OPENED IE) , But I want result on New Window(I have to open New Window for Sub report )

I got solution with Reporting Services SP2 package with SQL2000.RS-KB901383-v8.00.1042.00-ENGHotFix using this statement injumptoURL(

="javascript:void(window.open('http://localhost/reportserver/testreport2,'_blank'))"

But I want onlywith SQLserver2000 Reporting services only with out SP2 Package

Can u please helpme

With

Regards

Battula

|||

Hi

I'm not sure if we can use javascript to open new window without installing HotFix

but after the installation we can open report in new window with parameters thru Jump To URL like this

="javascript:void(window.open('http://localhost/reportserver?/testReport/ReportName&rs:Command=Render&Parameter1=" & Fields!Parameter1.Value & "','_blank'))"

Thanx

|||

Iam able to open new window but not able to see any text to identify that the link is present. Any idea on this.

i have to very hardly hover in the reprot to find where the link is located.

|||You would not put the link in the expression for the pop up. The expression for the field should be normal I.E. =Fields!some_value.Value or some hard coded value, the text should appear and when using the jump to URL should pop open your window. If you are still not seeing anything check your formatting, perhaps its the same color as the background, sillier things are known to happen in developing!

No comments:

Post a Comment