Friday, February 24, 2012

hyperlinks

Hi
I just upsized a database from Access to SQL everything seems to be working
fine except I had a Hyperlink field in Access which is not working with the
SQL tables and I see no data type in SQL for hyperlinks. Is there a way
around this?
Any help with the will be greatly appreciated
ChuckHyperlinks are only text, so a simple varchar datatype does it. SQL Server d
oesn't come with a
front-end development tool, which is where the interpretation of this text (
that it is an URL and
should be treated as such) takes place. I suggest you post this in a newsgro
up for the front-end dev
tool you are using.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Chuck216" <cigar216@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ED93A6D4-11DB-43C0-ADEE-847722151619@.microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I just upsized a database from Access to SQL everything seems to be worki
ng
> fine except I had a Hyperlink field in Access which is not working with th
e
> SQL tables and I see no data type in SQL for hyperlinks. Is there a way
> around this?
>
> Any help with the will be greatly appreciated
> Chuck
>

No comments:

Post a Comment