Friday, February 24, 2012

Hyperlink to send an Email

Hello,
I am looking for a way for users to click on a textbox and send an Email. I
got that to work if I set up 'On action' URL to
'mailto:myemail@.mycompany.com'. My problem is this email address is variable.
If a user clicks next to A then Email should go to A@.myemail.com and if they
click next to B email should go to B@.myemail.com so on and so forth. I have A
and B here is value in my field MYFIELD. I tried using
mailto:Fields!MYFIELD.value that won't work.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks.Hi,
You can use the following expresion in the 'Jump to URL':
="mailto:" & Fields!MYFIELD.value
Use this with the equal sign and spaces. You can add
& "@.mycompany.com" if your field doesn't have the domain included
Jan Pieter Posthuma
"amitj" wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for a way for users to click on a textbox and send an Email. I
> got that to work if I set up 'On action' URL to
> 'mailto:myemail@.mycompany.com'. My problem is this email address is variable.
> If a user clicks next to A then Email should go to A@.myemail.com and if they
> click next to B email should go to B@.myemail.com so on and so forth. I have A
> and B here is value in my field MYFIELD. I tried using
> mailto:Fields!MYFIELD.value that won't work.
> Any ideas will be appreciated.
> Thanks.|||Thanks Jan. But that didn't work. It's not recongnising that URL. When I used
mailto:Fields!MYFIELD.value without = sign it recognised that as URL but
didn't add the field name.
"Jan Pieter Posthuma" wrote:
> Hi,
> You can use the following expresion in the 'Jump to URL':
> ="mailto:" & Fields!MYFIELD.value
> Use this with the equal sign and spaces. You can add
> & "@.mycompany.com" if your field doesn't have the domain included
> Jan Pieter Posthuma
>
> "amitj" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am looking for a way for users to click on a textbox and send an Email. I
> > got that to work if I set up 'On action' URL to
> > 'mailto:myemail@.mycompany.com'. My problem is this email address is variable.
> > If a user clicks next to A then Email should go to A@.myemail.com and if they
> > click next to B email should go to B@.myemail.com so on and so forth. I have A
> > and B here is value in my field MYFIELD. I tried using
> > mailto:Fields!MYFIELD.value that won't work.
> >
> > Any ideas will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.|||Hi,
You have to add also the qoutes (") and & symbols. You have to use the equal
(=) to let RS to calculate the field. The next part is a string "mailto:"
including the quotes. Then you concatenate by using the &-sign to the value
part: Fields!MYFIELD.value.
Totally will be: <code>="mailto:" & Fields!MYFIELD.value</code>
That will work.
Jan Pieter Posthuma
"amitj" wrote:
> Thanks Jan. But that didn't work. It's not recongnising that URL. When I used
> mailto:Fields!MYFIELD.value without = sign it recognised that as URL but
> didn't add the field name.
> "Jan Pieter Posthuma" wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can use the following expresion in the 'Jump to URL':
> > ="mailto:" & Fields!MYFIELD.value
> >
> > Use this with the equal sign and spaces. You can add
> > & "@.mycompany.com" if your field doesn't have the domain included
> >
> > Jan Pieter Posthuma
> >
> >
> > "amitj" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am looking for a way for users to click on a textbox and send an Email. I
> > > got that to work if I set up 'On action' URL to
> > > 'mailto:myemail@.mycompany.com'. My problem is this email address is variable.
> > > If a user clicks next to A then Email should go to A@.myemail.com and if they
> > > click next to B email should go to B@.myemail.com so on and so forth. I have A
> > > and B here is value in my field MYFIELD. I tried using
> > > mailto:Fields!MYFIELD.value that won't work.
> > >
> > > Any ideas will be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment