Friday, February 24, 2012

Hyperlink files

How do I get the *.xls and *.txt files from 'c:\files1\*.*' and
'c:\files2\*.*' ?
I need to display a hyperlink from my web page (I am using Reporting
Services project) instead of going to each folder.
I would to list in my report all files from these folders and able to open
them in Excel or text format. I try to use 'Jump To URL' it did not work.
Probably I was doing something wrong.
Please help.On Nov 12, 1:05 pm, JT <J...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How do I get the *.xls and *.txt files from 'c:\files1\*.*' and
> 'c:\files2\*.*' ?
> I need to display a hyperlink from my web page (I am using Reporting
> Services project) instead of going to each folder.
> I would to list in my report all files from these folders and able to open
> them in Excel or text format. I try to use 'Jump To URL' it did not work.
> Probably I was doing something wrong.
> Please help.
As far as I know, wild cards are not allowed like this, otherwise, in
terms of SSRS/Reporting Services, you will want to right-click the top
left corner of either a table cell, textbox control, etc. >> select
Properties >> select the Navigation tab >> in Jump to URL, enter in
something like: ="file:///C:/Test" where 'Test' is a subdirectory.
This should get you as close as possible. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment