Friday, February 24, 2012

hyperlink

Hi everyone, I am trying to hyperlink a file to the report. We are running visual and in one of the fields, we have a pdf file linked to it. When I tried making a report that pulls that information so we can click on it and be linked directly to the file, but all it gives me is the path to the file. Is it possible to link it that way? I notice under properties, there are option for linking but its just for a report, bookmark, and URL. but none for direct files. Please help.

Thanks

abz

I am not so sure that this is a supported feature in Business Intelligence Studio. It is quite simple to do using Visual Studio, though.

You would need to write code to programmatically open the file.

|||

I am running visual studio .net 2003. but where can I get info so I can write code to open it like you said?|||

You want to handle an event such as a linkbutton click event.

What language do you prefer? C#, VB? I'll dig up some sample code for you.

What type of file are you opening and what program do you want to open it with?

|||

Here is how to open a file in notepad.

C#

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start( "notepad.exe", "text.txt");

VB

Process.Start("notepad.exe", "c:\info.txt")

|||

Oh ok, well any language will be fine as long as it works, and the file is a PDF.

Thanks

abz

|||

OK, then it would probably be something like this:

Process.Start("Acrobat.exe", "c:\myFile.pdf")

No comments:

Post a Comment