Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hyper Threaded and dual CPU

I have a Dell sc1420 server with dual processors 3.2 ghz and hyper threaded
and run window 2003 os. the SQL server is very slow if I turn on Dual
processors and Hyper Thread (From Bios) . If I disable HyperThread and the
second CPU the SQL sever run must faster ? . I Wonder any person run into
the same problem?. Please help if you have any suggestion that I can try.
ThanksHere a possible explanation: the Win2003 was not installed with the HT and
the Dual Processor activated in the BIOS. If you want to make change to
these settings, you have to reinstall the whole thing.
If this was the case, then maybe a Sysprep might correct the problem;
otherwise, you may have to make a full re-installation of the system.
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC
E-mail: http://cerbermail.com/?QugbLEWINF
"Hung Le" <HungLe@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:64BDC4D5-8345-486B-86C1-36C3F578B222@.microsoft.com...
> I have a Dell sc1420 server with dual processors 3.2 ghz and hyper
> threaded
> and run window 2003 os. the SQL server is very slow if I turn on Dual
> processors and Hyper Thread (From Bios) . If I disable HyperThread and
> the
> second CPU the SQL sever run must faster ? . I Wonder any person run
> into
> the same problem?. Please help if you have any suggestion that I can try.
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment