Monday, March 26, 2012

I Changed My Servername Help Please

Hi,
I have Joined my SQL Server into another domain and had to rename the
machine as well I am running SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 server on an
NT Domain
Since this I seem to have some problems with replication etc. is there a
registry setting or something I need to change where the old machine name
might be lurking?
Or is it a case of me removing then re-installing SQL Server ?
Thanks in advance for any help provided on this
Joe MellonIf you re-run the Setup from the SQL Server CD, it should show you an option
to repair registry only. Try with this first, it is quick and easy process.
You don't have to reinstall SQL Server. Maybe after the registry rebuild you
will have only to reestablish the replication.
--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Please reply only to the newsgroups.
"Joe Mellon" <joe@.bluesteel.co.uk> wrote in message
news:O9vZofNsDHA.2492@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have Joined my SQL Server into another domain and had to rename the
> machine as well I am running SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 server on
an
> NT Domain
> Since this I seem to have some problems with replication etc. is there a
> registry setting or something I need to change where the old machine name
> might be lurking?
> Or is it a case of me removing then re-installing SQL Server ?
> Thanks in advance for any help provided on this
>
> Joe Mellon
>

No comments:

Post a Comment