Friday, March 30, 2012

I get "Timeout expired"

Hi, everyone! As many of guys around this newsgroup, I've been getting
"Timeout expired" using SQL Server 2000.
It raises that error message out of nowhere... first, I tought it was
because of too many users connected, but made some test with just ONE SINGLE
user connected to DataBase, and I'm still getting this message.
It acts randomly, as I can be working perfectly now and the next second, I
get the anoying message again.
I've even tried to remake the table's index, but it doesn't seem to work...
I'm not even able to erase the primary index in the first place...
I have 52 tables in my database, and the other 51 work just fine, it's just
one which is getting me into trouble...
I'm desperate, can you help me, please?!? (picture a face of agony while
reading the latter LOL ;-) )
best regards,
AlexAlexTirado wrote:
> Hi, everyone! As many of guys around this newsgroup, I've been getting
> "Timeout expired" using SQL Server 2000.
> It raises that error message out of nowhere... first, I tought it was
> because of too many users connected, but made some test with just ONE
> SINGLE user connected to DataBase, and I'm still getting this message.
> It acts randomly, as I can be working perfectly now and the next
> second, I get the anoying message again.
> I've even tried to remake the table's index, but it doesn't seem to
> work... I'm not even able to erase the primary index in the first
> place...
> I have 52 tables in my database, and the other 51 work just fine,
> it's just one which is getting me into trouble...
> I'm desperate, can you help me, please?!? (picture a face of agony
> while reading the latter LOL ;-) )
> best regards,
> Alex
What do you have your timeout value set to in your code? This is either
a lock:timeout or a query timeout. Both can be captured in Profiler
using the Lock:Timeout and Attention events. What statement is running
just prior to the problem. Use the SQL:StmtStarting and RPC:Starting
events as well as SP:StmtStarting if this is occurring inside a stored
procedure.
--
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment