Friday, March 30, 2012

I encountered problem after .NET framework upgraded to 2.0 in the server

I posted the question below to this website 6 hours ago, the subject was "SQL server registration failed". I couldn't find this question just now. This is my first time to post a question to microsoft website. Please let me know the related website if the question shouldn't be posted here.(I think it 's related to this site)
URGENT, I need help, thanks.

I installed .Net framework 2.0 in a Window 2003 Server and VS2005 in my PC a few days ago (.NET framework 1.1 is still in the server and VS.NET2003 is still in my PC), SQL server 2000 is with web server together. there is no problem to run ASP.net 2.0 application, the application also can query the database in SQL server.
But I encounter a problem that I can't create new SQL server registration from my PC to the above server. the error msg is "SQL Server registration failed. SQL Server does not exist or access denied ConnectionOpen(Connect())"
There is no problem to connect SQL server remotely before I upgraded .net framework to 2.0 and VS.NET2003 to VS2005.
I checked the SQL service (started), TCP/IP(enabled). I also installed SQL server SP4 in the server, but I still encounter the same problem.
Anybody can help? Thanks


moving to SQL forum.

|||I guess the firewall on the Windows 2003 server doesn′t allow incoming communication on port 1433. Change that and as a stateful firewall Windows will open the outgoing ports for communication.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment