Friday, March 30, 2012

I get this error on my SQL server 2000

When I try to connect to my SQL server 2000 which is
installed on WIN 2000 server. The folloeing message box
appears:
"This service doesn't exist as an installed service", also
in some ocasions it will give me error 1060.
This SQL server instance was working ok, till I removed an
application which removed MSDE too.(I have other instances
which work ok)
Did I lose all my other databases in this instance? Is
there anyway that I can recover this instance?
Thanks for help in Advance.
MarkI don't know i should see
but it seems your are trying to login using an SQL account
and not using the integrated windows security.
"Mark" <mpaydar@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1869d01c42055$2fa0c1b0$a601280a@.phx
.gbl...
> When I try to connect to my SQL server 2000 which is
> installed on WIN 2000 server. The folloeing message box
> appears:
> "This service doesn't exist as an installed service", also
> in some ocasions it will give me error 1060.
> This SQL server instance was working ok, till I removed an
> application which removed MSDE too.(I have other instances
> which work ok)
> Did I lose all my other databases in this instance? Is
> there anyway that I can recover this instance?
> Thanks for help in Advance.
> Mark|||-Try connecting to the SQL instance using OSQL or SQL Client tools.
-Look at Control Panel | Services and check if you see the MSSQLSERVER or
MSSQL$<Instance Name> service.
-Search for *.mdf to see if any database files till exist.
Thanks
Deepali
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rightssql

No comments:

Post a Comment