Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I don't see Database Maintenance Planner in my SQL Server Enterorise Manager

Strange..... Anyways, is it possible to add the tool for Database Maintenance Planner to the existing DB installation?

If so, how do I do that? Would someone please help me on this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Chris.

Hi Chris. If you don't see it, that could mean you aren't logged in as a sysadmin, they are the only logins that are allowed to view/modify maintanence plans.

It should be visible under the Management node in Enterprise manager, then a node called 'Database Maintanence Plans'. You should never see it under a specific database if that's where you are looking, not sure from your post if that may be where you were headed...

As for adding it to an existing installation, that's not really something that ever would need to be done...it's part of all installations, so it should already exist if the installation was successfull to any degree.

HTH,

|||

Having read your kind explanation above, it really make sense!

With confidence backed by your explanation, I will look into the SQL installation (which I did not install myself) and login users on Monday.

Once again, thank you so so so much, Chad. I wish I could buy you a drink!

Chris,

|||No problem Chris, glad to help. Repost if you still continue to have issues finding it...I'd take that drink if I could too!sql

No comments:

Post a Comment