Friday, March 30, 2012

I forgot my SA password for my instance of SQL 2000

Hi all,

I have SQL 2000 and I forgot my SA password and cannot login as administrator using windows authentication.

Is there any way to reset SA password?

"Mixed Mode" authentication is enabled.

If I change authentication mode in register to Windows only and then after restarting SQL change it back to Mixed, will it reset SA password to "null"?

Thanks in advance.

If you log onto the machine with the Database server installed and use the local administrator account or a network administrator account you should be able to reset the password.

|||Just in addition to Glenns post and your qustion: It won′t reset the password to null with changing the authentication type back and forth. If you don′t have any GUI to administer your passwords you can use the procedure sp_password passing in a NULL for the old password parameter, as you don′t need the old if you are logged on as a user with sysadmin / securityadmin rights.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||As I said before I can't login even with local Administrator. I don't know what is going on. It is so weird.|||

Try

sp_password NULL,NULL,'sa'

Assuming you never created password at the first place. parameter 1 is Old password, parameters 2 is new password, parameter 3 is user.

No comments:

Post a Comment