Friday, March 30, 2012

I got the following error: Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 4 I/O error 33

I got the following error

Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 4

I/O error 33(The process cannot access the file because another process

has locked a portion of the file.) detected during write at offset

0x0000000a796000 in file xxxxxxxxx.mdf'.

What happened to my database?
You probably have a Antivirus software scanning the database file and the system is unable to get a lock on the file.|||I cannot remind if there was another processing locking the file, what command I can use to check, is it related to the "auto growth" setting? because my table size is 4.5G .

thx|||You can download Filemon from sysinternals.com.

During 'auto growth', the database will be locked but that doesn't sound like the problem you're encountering.|||The problem still occurred in sql server log. I don't know what happen with that table. it is a 40G database and what can i do with this error?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment