Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I do not have "Execute SQL Task"

in my control flow items toolbox. Anyone know of how I can get it installed?

Right-click on the toolbox.

Select Choose items...

Select SSIS Control Flow items tab

Can you see 'Execute SQL Task' in the list? Is it checked?

-Jamie

|||It's not there...which is odd. The only reason I know I'm missing it is because my boss has it on his pc.|||Do you even have SSIS installed?|||

Oh, I need to install SSIS. Yes, SSIS is installed. In my control data flow toolbox items (Execute items only) I have Execute DTS 2000 Package Task, Execute Package Task and Execute Process Task. No Execute SQL Task. This may go without saying but this is in visual studio.

In my SQL Server Directory, Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks, I have Microsoft.SqlServer.SQLTask.dll which I believe is the the task I'm needing

|||

If the task does not show up as an item that can be added to the toolbox, then you should un-install and re-install the SSIS parts of SQL server.

No comments:

Post a Comment