Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I dont see Server Management Studio on the XP with the Standard version

I have installed SQL 2005 Standard Edition on my Window XP many times and I dont see Server Management Studio.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

you need to have Windows XP professional edition with SP2........refer the link,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910228 and if you have the necessary system requirements just go to tools folder and manually run the sqlrun_tools..........it will get installed........

|||

I didnt have to run as a separate step when I install the SQL Developer on XP SP2.

I do have XP SP2 on my PC and when I run the SQL 2005 Standard Edition, I didnt see the Server Management Studio.

So it is a separate step after a normal install?

Is it Performance Tool? Or a tool folder on the SQL 2005 STD Edition CD?

|||

there will be a tool folder may be you can insert the disk 2 and check it.....generally there will 2 folders in sql 2005 one is server and other is tool.........

|||

The default install ONLY installs the Server and network connections support.

To install SSMS, you need to put the media in again, and this time choose 'Client Tools' from the installation menu.

|||Management studio is not a performance tool, its just an replacement for Enterprise Manger

No comments:

Post a Comment